This organization is continuing the initiatives in supporting the Nazareth Mission Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya. Pilgrim has assisted this organizations with building projects that have included housing for families raising children with HIV and a water collection system at Joy Village along with providing funds for school fees and new programs at the hospital and much needed equipment.
The Trust was established in 2003 to renovate and reopen the Baer Hospital in Chirala which was started in 1912 and was a beneficial part of the area until the 1970’s. In 2006, the outpatient clinic was able to reopen and in 2010 a small part of the original hospital opened for a 30-bed facility, including a small ICU and NICU. In 2016, the hospital became fully certified. Pilgrim has provided funding to help initiate a Nursing College at the hospital.
Donald DeHart started this organization out of Indianapolis, IN in 1968. He started by building a Youth Camp in Northern Haiti. The organization is now located out of Florida to lower the travel expenses from the Indy Area. Pilgrim has been supporting this mission by providing funds to build a house for a deserving family. This year marked Pilgrim House 31.
Started in 2010 this organization connects schools in Uganda to improve student achievement by providing clean water and educational tools for success. They collect funds to drill boreholes 150 to 200 feet to the aquifer. A pipe is installed and sealed and connected to a hand pump which the students use to fill their jerrycans with fresh water. Each borehole can last 10 to 15 years with very little maintenance. To date, 24 boreholes have been provided at Uganda high schools.
Emily Deldar, a Carmel High School student started this mission in July 2018 to improve oral hygiene throughout the world. She and her team of fellow high school students collect supplies to create oral hygiene kits that they send to regions of the world where such supplies are not available. Pilgrim has financially supported their efforts over the past few years.
The Academy was started in 1997 after the fall of Communism in Latvia. It is part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Latvia, which has 272 congregations with 160 active pastors and the baptized members are 31% of the Latvian population. Pilgrim has provided funding to assist the seminary in Latvia.
From health clinics to microloans, community meals to advocacy, gifts to ELCA World Hunger support sustainable solutions that get at the root causes of hunger and poverty.
This Church is located in Far East Russia close to the borders of China and North Korea. The church was founded in the mid 1800’s by German professional soldiers and thrived until the Communist take-over in the 1920’s. The Church was handed over to Pastor Brockmann in the mid-1990’s. He and his team have been trying to rebuild both the building and the congregation since then. Pilgrim has been supporting the efforts in Far East Russia for nearly 20 years. Support through the years have been for Children's Camp, Garden House, Recycling Center and Advent Concert.